I'm riding a hand cycle from St. Louis to Washington D.C. on April 28th to promote awareness for
Spinocerebellar Ataxia while raising money for physically disabled children to participate in sports
through Disabled Athletes Sports Association.

Monday, April 19, 2010

About the Trip

I plan to hand cycle from St. Louis, Missouri through Washington D.C. to the East coast. I'll have an assistant who will be driving ahead in a support vehicle, and I will then meet up with them at specific meeting points throughout the day. I hope to keep my friends, family and supporters updated during my trip via blog and using Google Tracker & Google Maps to track my progress live throughout the trip. I'll be posting a link to the Google Map very soon!

My departure date is April 28th, 2010 - next week! I'm estimating the trip will take approximately two months. My goal is not speed but to complete the trip while promoting awareness for my disease whenever possible while also raising funds for DASA scholarships.

We are using maps purchased from Adventure Cycling for the great majority of the trip. We will be following our own route from St. Louis, Missouri to Murphysboro, IL, and then the TransAmerica bicycle route from Murphysboro, IL to Richmond, VA. The route then switches to follow the Atlantic Coast bicycle route from Richmond, VA to Washington D.C., and then continuing on to the coast.

Click here to see a google map of the trip route.

No comments:

Post a Comment